Saturday, March 04, 2006

It's a Small World

So Thursday my two jobs overlapped and I had to work the day shift at La Scala and the night shift at Mecca Bah and the most ironic thing happened!

I was working in the bar at La Scala and Natalie (my flatmate) told me there were some Californians in the corner of the restaurant so I went to say hello. After about 5 minutes of small talk I knew quite a bit about the three including that one was marrying an Aussie next week and the sisters were here to visit... at 5pm I went to Mecca Bah and when I went up to my table to introduce myself I couldn't stop staring at a girl that I recognized somehow.... we stared at each other when finally we both started laughing! She was the same girl from La Scala, now at Mecca Bah with her fiance and some different family members. The first question she asked was "HOW MUCH DO YOU WORK?" It was so funny and so ironic ... not only that she was there but that she was seated in my section on the one night that I worked at both locations! It's a small world. I jokingly suggested that I might see them at the ice cream place in a few hours when I started my third job ;) hehe

Last night Meg, Stuart, and I went "bar hopping" starting off at Primo Posto on Southbank and then to BLVD (the trendiest club around to which all of Meg's co-workers go every Friday night) and finally to Bond Bar which is a really swanky underground bar down an alley. We were pretty toasty when we got home which made it even more hilarious when Meg actually fell out of her bed! Who does that? Needless to say, we slept until 1:30pm on today before heading to the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home