Tuesday, January 31, 2006

More Walking in Sydney

Monday we packed our bags and took a taxi to the next B&B we were staying in named the Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast in the Rocks. "The Rocks" is the oldest neighborhood Sydney located in the north east just next to the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Once a haven for convicts, this area is now the richest part of Sydney. The homes are all very old, some even being historical landmarks and the shopping is overwhelming. We ate at a little restaurant called the Gumnut Tea House where Mom tried a meat pie (one of Australia's most popular dishes) and I had a foccacia sandwich.

Mom bought a beautiful opal stone yesterday and we looked at a few other opals stores today and I finally found one that I liked too. Yay for getting Jenna an opal ring! ;) I went back to buy that cute skirt I wrote about yesterday and we couldn't find the store if it would save our lives. Finally, after walking up and down the streets trying to backtrack mentally, we found it! Bad news, it had been sold! Then the sales lady remembered they had one on a manequin in the window... I bought it! That's not the end of the skirt drama... there will be more on that in a later blog! Make sure you stay tuned !!

Places we visited : Chinese Gardens, Darling Harbour, and the Wharf where we had dinner.
I thought Mom was gonna fall over dead because we walked all the way home and it was quite a hike. Just to show you how tired she was, she held on to my belt while we walked up hills ... I felt like a pack mule!!! hahahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home