Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I think Mom almost fell over!

Sunday we woke up early and trekked through the botanical gardens toward Paddy's Market in Chinatown. Chinatown was crazy with the ongoing Chinese New Year celebrations (Year of the Dog). These highly recommended markets offered as many "cheap" trinkets and clothes as Mexico Markets! It was great. I even tried on a brown wig that I really kinda liked ;) Maybe someday I'll actually dye my hair that color ;) (don't roll your eyes Hadley!) We bought a few items but mostly we just looked.

Chinatown's Market

We came across a random hole-in-the-wall bohemian store where I fell in love with a long flowy pink skirt but convinced myself not to buy it...

We headed to the Opera House and Harbour Bridge and then to Darlinghurst for dinner. I was in such a mood for American food that we sought out the Hard Rock Cafe and thought of nothing better than FAJITAS! It was amazing. They tasted just like home with tortillas and guacamole! Aww yes, just what I needed! Not to mention that we ended the meal with the biggest presentation of a brownie sundae I've ever seen (it was mostly whipped creme so don't get jealous Zach!)

Finally we headed back to the B&B only after I thought Mom was going to kill me for making her walk the entire length of Sydney twice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home