Friday, February 24, 2006

What's been going on?

It has been a while since I last wrote because I haven't really been doing anything at all! I have been working a lot trying to save up for the next leg of our journey and sleeping and drinking during the between times. My mind is racing with ideas of where my next travels will be and what I will do. Spain to teach english, touring Europe? Hmm

Work has been really fun so far. I usually work the night shift and afterward everyone hangs around the restaurant and has a drink... or two. Then I get a ride home and hit the sack only to wake up and head to La Scala for an 11 hour shift in which my flatmate Natalie (who works with me there) and the dishwashing guy (Fadi) keep me sane.

Last night Meagan, Stuart and I went to Mecca Bah for dinner and it was so fabulous. I am sure Meagan will go on and on in her blog next time she updates it ;) We had Mecca Bah Mule drinks (cinnamon, vodka, fresh lime mashed up with ginger beer and a cinnamon stick) They rock! and then we shared 4 Mezzes (chickpea battered mussels with almond skordalia, spicy sausage salad, etc) We skipped "Mains" and headed straight for dessert (flourless chocolate cake, Raspberry and Almond Tart, and Sticky Date and Banana Pudding)... sound interesting but were amazing! I think I sold them on the "cool-factor" of this place.

Hmm... Every day I am more astounded at how expensive things are in Australia... for example, the hair product I use every day, Aveda Be Curly, costs $16.00 in the US. I grabbed it off the shelf at an Aveda store here and then did a double take at the cost .... $46.00! I quickly put it back and had mom mail me 2 bottles of product!

Well I am starting to stretch for things to write about so I better wait for something more exciting to happen :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you ever going to come home?? :) Sounds like you might have another trip planned before you even get home! Well, I miss you and Meagan tons..not the same w/out you guys. Guess what! Adam found out today that he will get to come home for leave in April! I'm really excited! Hope you're doing great. Love ya!
Myriah

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home