Sunday, March 12, 2006

Napier Hotel

This has been a busy 3 days .... Friday I worked from 12-6pm and then headed home because I was supposed to meet up with Broder from work for steaks but those plans were changed and we decided on a really cool pub called the Napier Hotel (which was a really awesome outdoor/indoor pub built a long freakin' time ago!) . The rooms in this place were tiny and they played "Texas Country" music and had a patio and a pool table!

For dinner, I had a taste of the most delicious Kangaroo Fillets (pronounced 'fill-its,' here) with a salad and chips. Holy cow they were awesome! Meg, Broder, and I ended up with 2+ pitchers of beer and one or two pool games under our belts. In fact, in Australia, besides the fact that the balls are smaller (haha ) and don't have numbers, when a person loses by 7 balls, they have to take off their pants and run around the pool table in their briefs! Well, Broder and Meg's team lost by 7 and he definitely did ran around the pool table! It took a minute for us to figure that one out since we weren't pre-warned of the tradition!!

Saturday I got my hair done in Camberwell and then Meg and I shopped around for a few hours. I convinced the employee at a pet store to feed this really awesome "Mexican Walking Fish" some beef heart because I had never seen one before! They are the coolest reptiles, one step down from a salamander... and look so freakish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home