Sunday, August 06, 2006

South Padre Island

I love South Padre... I never realized what a nice beach it really is! I have spent more time out there this summer than I think I've spent in the past 4 years of combined! Diving last weekend was alright despite the fact that we dove at an oil rig... so much for the serenity of the quiet water! There was a constant hum under the water which I found to be quite annoying. There were some fish that I hadn't seen, but nothing spectacular. The coolest thing I did see was a couple of pretty big barracudas swimming up above me.

Last night we all went to Tequila Sunset to catch up and it was a blast. Ran into some people we knew ... went for a late night black water swim in the ocean... and finally hit the sack.

I have to say that I've concluded that I have two severe fears 1.) Darkness (i.e. sharks underwater, caves, etc) and 2.) heights. I am so embarrassed that I get so scared of sharks despite that I'm not nervous at all when I'm SCUBA diving. Hmm... I guess my suggestion of swimming in the ocean late at night backfired when both George and Justin wanted to swim out to the 3rd sandbar! I went along only because i was too afraid to go back alone but when George started saying that we might have missed the 3rd sandbar and that the water was about 9 feet deep... I flipped out! I swam back to shore as fast as I could and dragged myself up onto the beach to wait for them to return.

Maybe I need to get this fear fixeD? Any suggestions?

Today was a BBQ at the beach and I was pretty pumped because Heidi joined us finally! We layed out and played in the ocean for hours and I have a sunburn that hurts to prove it!




Justin and George playing soccer.










Tomorrow I leave for Guatemala, I better get to laundry and packing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home