Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dove Creek, CO

So I just got back from my week trip to Colorado to see my brother and it was fabulous. Brett and I spent some quality time together and didn't feel the need to strangle one another by the end of the trip... bonus!

So here's a quick run down...

After my 9 hour day at the airport, Brett picked me up in Durango and we walked around the little town which was adorable. We ate dinner at Skinny's, a local mex food restaurant. Apparently I am not a true Texan anymore because the green chile soup was definitely spicy! "The roof, the roof, the roof was on fire!" hehe

After driving a couple of hours we arrived in Dove Creek where Brett is helping out on a friend's property. Our tents were already all set up complete with a great hammock in the middle!
I still had yet to ask about any sort of showering facility because I was pretty sure, based on the fact that my flashlight was the only electricity, that there was no water.



The next day, I got the tour of the property and Brett got to use his geography knowledge to explain how all the land formations were created. There was so much sandstone covered in beautiful colors of lichen.

Baby (Brett's dog) is really enjoying herself catching all kinds of little rodents running around. We saw plenty of Mule Deer bounding around the property as well. How cute :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home