Sunday, July 02, 2006

Final Thoughts...

There is a thing called culture shock... and I've experienced it upon my return.

Americans really are fatter despite what I kept telling everyone in Australia (I saw it for myself in LAX).

The cafes here are so depressing because the lattes are burned and the food unfresh.

I didn't have any trouble driving on the correct side of the road in Texas.

I no longer have an addiction to my cell phone, in fact I keep leaving it lying around the house and I don't know where it is. Then again, no one calls me.

I should work for the department of tourism and try to educate Americans on how their behavior overseas affects our image as a country.

My bedroom at my parent's house is a mess and it's going to take days to get all the goods ready to take to Salvation Army.

I think I missed working out at the gym more than anything.

I am happy to be back in the U.S. where you can return things you don't like hassle-free and driving is not an inconvenience.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Jenna. We missed having you on this side of the Pacific! See you SOON! Hugs--

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as you mentioned your parents house I thought about the pillows you had - the softest ever! and of course the carrots.... tell them hello for me. (your parents, not the carrots) anyways, welcome back! see ya saturday

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very glad to have you back on American soil! And your room was always a mess. MOM

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home