Sunday, August 06, 2006

Crested Butte, CO

Brett, his friend, and I were planning to hike a 14,000 ft peak just near Crested Butte so we drove 3+ hours to the quaint resort town. Now this place is awesome. I could definitely see myself living here for a while (except that it's tiny!). Everyone was riding around on cruiser bikes (bicycles that is) with 70s style frames... they were unlocked on bike racks... and people left their house doors wide open. Everyone knew everyone.

At at party that night, I realized that there is so much more emphasis on the environment and efficiency in Colorado. There seemed to be more "organic" foods than not and the market is growing for those things. The girls seem to all be very fit and into outside activities. The guys are all into cycling and running... I was so inspired to get back on my bike again! Wait, maybe a mountain bike this time?

Crested Butte is nestled in between huge mountains, so the view was spectacular! We stayed in a hotel the first night and then camped out in a friend's yard for the following 2 nights. Well we didn't quite make it to the hike that day because of a change of plans...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home