Tuesday, April 25, 2006

SURF CAMP 2006 Days 1 and 2

Day1
Monday morning started out bright and early as we boarded the Surf Trip bus. There were 16 people in our bus but 32 campers altogether. The bus ride started out a little boring, but quickly became more upbeat when the instructor requested Dirty Dancing Soundtrack songs from Meg's IPOD. We were then designated the bus DJs and played the most ridiculous songs.

The Surf Camp was located in Myall Lakes National Park and had a few cabins, a lodge, and a pool. I was a little nervous because the first meal was quite possibly one of the worst I've ever had. Needless to say, good ol' PB&J got me out of that one ;)

Our first surfing lesson was at Seal Rocks (Elizabeth Beach) and we all learned the steps to get on our boards. I got up a few times on my first lesson which was quite exciting!




Meagan and I at Elizabeth Beach... soon to be surfer girls.






That night it was rather awkward at first because no one knew anyone... nothing a few drinks can't fix though...

Day 2





This was along the walk to the famous lighthouse.









Tuesday we woke up early and headed to Lighthouse Beach where the walk past the waterfalls to the lighthouse was beautiful! It was the best day we had at the beach with blue skies and big white capped waves! Despite the long hike to the beach with 8 foot surf boards that we could barely hold... it was stunning!!




Jenna at Lighthouse Beach






The waves beating me around was all good until a HUGE wave came barreling right at me and I just stood there with my board in front of me. The wave slammed the board directly into my mouth and knocked me underwater. I heard a horrible crunch and knew I had chipped some teeth. I was sick just to think that my teeth might be gone! So after finally opening my mouth, I saw that I had 4 small chips in my teeth. They aren't really visible, but I can definitely feel them! After a brief stay on the sand and some lunch (which we ate off a surf board!) I headed back in for another 3 hours of practice!

Meg with Martin, Martin, Casper, Ulrik (all from Denmark), and Kyle

That night we had a party at the lodge and we danced the night away. There were all kinds of party games designed to get to know one another better. We hit the sack rather late just to wake up early and head out again.

Kyle (Georgia), Meg, Me, Beth, Clare (England), and Ulrik (Denmark) at the lodge







Dylan, one of our surf instructors... how perfect is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home