Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Real Friends Meet Over Shoes Not Coffee!


Workin' Hard for the Money:
I started my first day at La Scala Italian Ristorante and it was just what I expected. Easier than waiting tables in America and definitely different. We don't have sections in Australia where we're each assigned to and responsible for different tables... it's a free for all. We are all expected to greet people at the door and seat them... but someone else might take their drink order and another might run the drinks... another takes the food order... etc. It's tough because you don't know where the people are in the dining process and what has already been offered or is being ordered. The bartender makes sodas, coffees, cuts desserts, and makes change for the bills. Hardly anyone tips here and we pool whatever tips might have been offered. I am looking for another job however because the wage is low compared to that of an office job. I let my boss know that it might become and issue and she seemed to be understanding. Otherwise, the staff and the ownder seem really friendly and helpful.

Real Friends Meet Over Shoes Not Coffee:
Meagan spent the day shopping and had lunch with Andy while I worked (our first separation in two weeks!) When I got off work I tooled around the area and did a little sandal shopping. We were both looking for similar types and hadn't found them yet. You have to realize there are about 7 million shoe stores in Melbourne ... one after another after another... and here I am in this one random store and EUREKA! I find the shoe I love... I catch the salesperson's attention and she seems to be half way attending to another shopper. She looks concerned because she doesn't know who to help... so I look at the other lady.... and take a second glance.... IT WAS MEAGAN! We were both holding the SAME PAIR OF SANDALS in a different shade of brown! Both asking for a size 8! hahahaha It was so funny and completely random... quite ironic. We both bought the shoes but ended up getting the color I had picked :) So be it known, I had the shoe first! Just kidding. I guess we were meant to be friends... if the shoe fits....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home