Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My First Friends



Wow so I'm officially in Australia now... Sydney to be exact! I arrived on Tuesday and feel like I have done so much since then. I have seen the largest congreggation of Hasidic Jews, played 30 rounds of Tetra on a 14 hour flight, visited Darling Harbor, watched a street performer make fun of everyone who came within 10 feet of his show, toured one of the most disappointing zoos I've ever seen, slept in a room with 3 roommates that I never actually saw or met, walked over 20 miles, and... made friends in Australia....

It is 1:33 am our time which is approximately 8:33 am Texas time and I've been at the Side Bar for the past few hours with Danny drinking a few midi's of Toohney Light and just as we were discussing how we had not met any people thus far in Australia a girl introduces me to her friend. I was very excited to hear they were both from Aus and therefore interestingly answered his questions... needless to say, I was through speaking with the bloke by the time he had covered my face with spit within about 30 seconds!!! I did the casual turn to Danny to avoid the situation and it worked wonders! About 10 minutes later, I was introduced to Matt, a self-proclaimed 20 year old surfer dude from Cali. He was sweet but his braces clearly gave way to his age... nearing 19?! Slightly awkward dancing the last dance to Oasis when no one around was dancing avoiding eye contact at every opportunity....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home