Tuesday, December 27, 2005

MEXICAN FIESTA

We have been very discouraged by the fact that WE are dietitians and studied food for 5 years but our roommates cook gourmet meals from memory every night with things like parsnips and tofu. They make these meals that make our food look like shit... for instance, last night I had 2 boiled carrots and a bit of a cracker called Weet-Bix (that tastes kind of like Shredded Wheat) mixed with milk. They were teasing us that we eat terribly... grr... it was true though. We just don't know how to make up meals without following a recipe (unless your talking about omelettes in which case we're really good at them!) Then I pointed out that we are the only ones in the house who don't work out regularly.... geez... We thought we better get on the ball! So today, we went for a run and then Meagan and I enjoyed a wonderful Mexican Fiesta this evening for dinner and couldn't be any happier about it! I didn't realize how easily Mexican cooking comes to me... I think I got it all ready in about 15 minutes...
MENU:
Ground Beef Tacos with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mexican spices
Guacamole Salad with tomato, onion, garlic, and lemon juice
TORTILLAS that we found in the grocery store that were really good
Tortilla chips!

Oh geez... it was amazing. I think we'll have to cook Mexican food more often!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home