Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve and Carols By Candlelight

Just to let you know...
Christmas Eve was a wonderful day... I'm telling you this because we're approximately 17 hours ahead of Texas and we have already enjoyed Christmas Eve whereas you guys are just about to wake up to it. It was great! Santa made it safely to the "Carols by Candlelight" that aires worldwide from Melbourne's amphitheater!
Meagan and I spent the better part of the day messing around on our computers at the place I work because they have FREE WIFI (that's wireless internet, Mom) and we finally got to use our computers!

Carols by Candlelight

The Christmas Eve event started in the evening and lasts until midnight with about 22,000 other people... anyone who knows me well, knows that I don't usually enjoy attending large, public, crowded, events... but nevertheless I was looking forward to it.
A huge grassy field was covered in people wearing Santa hats and dressing warmly since it was FREEZING! Everyone had laid out blankets and packed picnic baskets with everything from "Ho-Ho-Ho-mmus and crackers" to an entire roasted turkey! The singers and dancers were unfamiliar to us, but apparently famous Aussies... mostly from previous Australian Idol shows!! An adorable 5 year old stole the show singing "Silent Night"when she tried to outsing her mum (who was an opera-type singer). It was so cute! Santa even showed up for a few numbers but in Australia he requests that Brandy and Water Crackers are his "snack." He asked for as many as five glasses of Brandy to be left out at each house because he's a "spirit and it will go right through him!" Interesting.
Meagan and I represented Texas well as we decided to continue the carolling with "Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer" after the show ended. Aussies definitely haven't heard that one and seemed a little taken aback by our Texas accents. I know I saw a few smiles around the crowd and I'm sure Andy was slightly embarrassed by his Texas friends. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger About us said...

Hey babe! I like your posts, and I have been able to check. I tried calling for Christmas but didn't get through :-(. Anyway, talk to you soon! Love you!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home