Thursday, June 22, 2006

Onward to the South Island

Wednesday (June 7) we hopped on the early ferry to Picton on the south Island. The ferry was more like a cruise ship and I reckon that if I was really poor I might just pay for a few rides to and from the north island ($55/trip) and call it a cruise. There were cafes and movies, lounges and decks, and it goes straight through some beautiful scenery!

Picton was the harbour town and we had some quick lunch to tide us over until we got to our hostel (Prince Albert)... no dirty remarks please...

Meagan and I walked to the "center of New Zealand," a summit, to watch the sunset on the horizon. It was obsurd how flat the water was ... you couldn't tell where the water ended and the blue sky began. The only thing that gave it away was a ship in the distance floating on what looked like the sky!

Meg and I made a delicious cashew chicken with Italian bread and brie for dinner. Nice backpackers! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home